20 June 2010

Father's Day


I thought this would be an appropriate time to thank my father for everything he has done for me. He is a good man. Thanks to him (and my mother, too) I was raised with a strong sense of property (“Don’t touch other people’s stuff.”), the idea that one must earn one’s way in the world (“There are no free lunches.”), and a role model showing that one must be honest and right even when it is difficult.

I do not feel any particular gratitude for the selection of the outfits that my brother and I are wearing in the picture above, but I doubt that my father had much to do with that.


2 comments:

Lynne said...

Don't worry. Since Harry Potter, shirts with maroon and gold stripes are back! Well, maybe not those shirts.

Stephen Bourque said...

Yeah, those shirts I can do without––but would I ever love to have that old Pontiac Tempest!